Greetings! We’ve had a great first week getting back into the classroom after a nice and relaxing break. As we get into the swing of things make sure to stay updated, through our blog, with important dates and announcements. As always if you have any questions about our school schedule and events please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buy A Brick Update:
Thanks to the generosity of the GCS community, we have currently raised $245,000 towards our Buy A Brick Campaign. Will you be the one to purchase the thousandth brick? We are just 20 bricks away from reaching this milestone and raising 20% of our funds in just 3 months.
How Can I Give To The Buy A Brick Campaign?
1) Tithe.ly is a fantastic online giving platform that allows every giver the option to customize their giving plan. Whether this be a weekly, monthly, or yearly gift, Tithe.ly will walk you through the steps to begin giving today. Please visit https://tithe.ly/give_new/www/#/tithely/give-one-time/58384 or text (204) 817-6871. Be sure to select “GCS- Buy A Brick Campaign”.
2) Gifts may also be given in the form of cash, cheque, debit, or credit card. Please make all cheques payable to Grace Christian School and deliver them to the school office.
3) To schedule a meeting to discuss a partnership with Grace Christian School, please contact Mrs. Natalie MacNeill at email@example.com or by phone at (902) 628-1668.
School Cancellations & Delays
When announcements are made for a delay or closure, GCS follows the PEI Public Schools Branch. Alternatively, sometimes only certain schools will be delayed or closed and will be announced by “family of schools”; GCS follows the Bluefield Family, Colonel Gray Family, and Charlottetown Rural Family of schools. If any of these are delayed or canceled, GCS will be also.
In the case of a “one hour delay”, school will begin at 10:00am, while a “school closure” or “system wide shutdown” results in no school at all for the day.
There are a number of ways to know if there is a school delay or closure; they are as follows:
- We will post on the GCS Facebook (Grace Christian School – Prince Edward Island), Twitter (@gcs_pei), and Instagram (gcspei) accounts.
- Each PEI radio station regularly announces delays/closures (as “Public Schools Branch”)
- The CBC Stormcentre website (http://www.cbc.ca/stormcentre/pei/) (as “Public Schools Branch”)
- The PEI radio station websites also post delays/closures on their sites (as “Public Schools Branch”)
- Families can opt in to a GCS text message notification. If school is delayed or canceled, a text message can be sent from GCS to one cell phone in the family to notify of the delay/closure. This is an OPT-IN ONLY program. If you would like to use this option, please email Jordan Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the cell phone number that you want to have the text message notification be sent to. If you opted in last year and still have the same cell phone number, it is already still in the system.
We strongly encourage you to follow us on one of our social media platforms and to register for our text message system for cancellations if you haven’t already. Please note that if school is closed (not simply delayed), any after-school or extra-curricular activities will also be cancelled (such as sports, after school care, clubs, etc).
Quizzes This Week
Friday: Spelling Quiz (Grade 1/2)