April 12, 2019
Good day GCS Families –
It is amazing that we are already completing the third quarter of the school year. I am proud of all the hard work our students have completed so far this year. They have all progressed in so many ways. Below are a number of important reminders:
The third quarter report cards are being sent home with your student next Wednesday, April 17 after school.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday evening (April 17) from 6-9pm and Thursday morning (April 18) from 10am-12pm. As we did in the first half of the year, we will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
1. Go to https://signup.com/go/rqeYXye
2. Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
3. Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
4. Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
5. Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
6. Click “save and done”
7. Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
• You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
You will note that Dr. Huizing has extended times, but please limit your conference to 15 minutes.
There is only tutoring on Tuesday 4/17 during conferences next week.
Tuition payments for ALL International Students must be completed by April 30, 2019. Service Canada has noted that all student visa renewals are taking 8 – 10 weeks this year. You will need more time to get your students back to GCS.
All PR students will receive their Letters of Offer and tuition invoices for the 2019 – 2020 next week from Dr. Huizing during Parent-Teacher conferences. Classes are filling up fast for enrollment. Please make sure that tuition is paid by the April 30, 2019 deadline.
ESL Summer & IELTS Program for GCS students ONLY will be from July 30 – August 23. Registration forms will be sent home the first week of May.
Letters of Attendance. If you are traveling abroad this summer. Please email Dr. Huizing if you are in need of an official Letter of Attendance. This makes travels much easier. Remember no documents can be completed without full tuition payment.
Do you know why there is no school next Friday and Monday? This weekend is the most holy holiday that Christians celebrate. Would you like to join Grace Baptist Church in celebrating the unconditional love of our Lord Jesus Christ? It is the reason why Grace Christian School is so special. Come celebrate Easter with us! We have a special service at 9:00 am on Friday 4/19 and another celebration on Sunday 4/21 at 10:30 am. Come as our guests!
Looking forward to seeing you all next week!