My apologies for not posting yesterday. I quite simply thought I had done it when I had not.
As it is quite frigid outside, please remember to have your child take all the appropriate winter wear, including a hat, mitts, and snow pants.
Here is the scoop for this week:
Skating & Skiing for Elementary
Although an official permission slip outlining all the details of the skating and skiing events for elementary will be sent home with your child in the future, I wanted to take a moment to give you the heads up that we will once again be participating in these activities throughout the months of February and March.
Students are not required to have their own ski gear, nor are they obligated to attend this event. Elementary students in grades 3 – 6 will ski twice throughout the winter months at Brookvale Provincial Ski Park and lessons will be provided for students who require them.
Students that wish to participate in skating must have their own skates and helmet. Students are not obligated to participate, however should they wish to, please make arrangements for them to acquire the proper skating equipment. Elementary students in grades 1 – 6 will skate three times throughout the winter months.
PD Day, Weather Permitting
We have a scheduled Professional Development Day coming up on Friday, February 1st. However, if school is cancelled throughout the week, this PD Day will be cancelled, and we will have classes to allow high school students to have time to complete their exams.
- Tuesday – Language Quiz 11; Good copy of writing due
- Friday – Math Quiz 7, Spelling Test 14
- January 19 – Chocolate Bar BINGO
- February 1 – Professional Development Day (no school, unless there is a cancellation throughout the week)
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for grades 3-8 and grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)