I hope you are all keeping safe and warm on this rather stormy day! Please note that, if there is no school tomorrow, students have a good copy of writing to complete which they can work on for Wednesday, as well as their next spelling list to review. We’ll see what the morning brings!
Metric Math Fun
This week, we will be learning about metric units of weight and I ask that students bring in something measured in either grams, milligrams, or kilograms on Wednesday so that we can estimate and compare their weights. It should be a fun, hands-on learning experience!
Bible Memory Verse
I am uncertain of the due date for this verse, but students are memorizing Jeremiah 32:17: “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”
PD Day, Weather Permitting
As indicated on our online school year calendar, we have a currently scheduled Professional Development Day Friday, February 1st. However, if school is cancelled throughout that week, this PD Day will be cancelled and we will have classes to allow high school students to have time to complete their exams. Please watch our social media accounts for any updates regarding this date.
- February 1 – Professional Development Day (no school, unless there is a cancellation throughout the week)
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for grades 3-8 and grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)
- Friday – Math Test 7; Spelling Test 15