It is hard to believe that we have reached the halfway point in our school year! As we gear up for third quarter, please take note of the following announcements regarding Parent Teacher Conferences & Report Cards.
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child this Thursday, February 7 after school. Please take some time to review them with your child and encourage them to set small, measurable, and realistic goals for the remainder of the school year. I am extremely proud of the hard work and dedication of my students. Their commitment to personal excellence is certainly reflected in their grades.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (February 7) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 8) from 10am-12pm. We will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers. The details are below.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
- Go to http://signup.com/go/jirKcBZ
- Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
- Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
- Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
- Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
- Click “save and done”
- Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
- You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
If you would like assistance signing up for conferences, GCS representatives will be in the school Atrium on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:00-3:30 pm to help you sign up.
Last week your child should have read aloud to you a project outline for a cereal box book report on the novel Saved at Sea. We will be doing most of the rough copy writing in class, but the creative portion and putting together the final product will have to be completed at home. Please take some time to review the project outline so you and your child can plan if any materials need to be gathered. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Grace Christian School is thrilled to host an after-school Robotics S.T.E.A.M. Program for students in grades 3-6! Through using LEGO WeDo 2.0, young engineers will be challenged with hands-on learning activities that spark creativity, develop critical thinking skills, and are just plain fun!
- Where: Room 101 (Fellowship Hall)
- When: Every Wednesday starting February 11th for 8 weeks (not including March 20th)
- Time: 3:15-4:30
- Cost: $150
- Who: Students in grades 3-6
If interested, please fill out the form which was sent home in the agenda last week.
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for grades 3-8 and grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)
- Thursday – Spelling Test 17
See you all tomorrow!