Dear GCS Grade 6 Family,
Thank you for your patience this morning in anticipation of a school announcement.
For the next 3 days, Grade 6 students have the following activities that they can do each day:
1) Math: Students who are comfortable with our online Mathletics program are strongly encouraged to sign-in and to practice some of their foundational math skills. Sign in using your student account: https://www.mathletics.com/ca/. Additional math game practice may be posted.
2) LA: Reading, Spelling, and Vocabulary on vocabulary.com. Students should also work on completing the letter to Mrs. Thorne.
3) Reading Schedules: Students are strongly encouraged to read for 15 – 20 minutes each day. Grade level audio books can also be downloaded for your child using Get Epic: https://www.getepic.com/
4) Bible Fun: We encourage all students to take the time to continue learning their assigned Bible verse. In addition, if your child is looking for an interesting Bible story or devotional, please check out these links below
- Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28 (NIV)
Please email me if you do not have the log-in information for Mathletics. Most students have this memorized, but I will send you the information if they do not. Please email Mrs. Thorne if you do not have the log-in information for Vocabulary.com.
As we face uncertainty again, I am reminded of our school theme verse last year: “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7). God is our peace no matter the circumstance!
Please feel free to email me at any time with questions.