The 2017-18 school year is off to a great start as students from young to old have participated in an array of activities in the first two days. As we look to next week, there are a number of events to be aware of:
- Monday, September 11 – ESL Parent Orientation Night
- This is for parents of GCS students that are part of our ESL program. It begins at 6:00pm.
- Tuesday, September 12 – Meet the Teacher
- Parents are invited in to the school to meet their child(ren)’s new teachers. It is a “drop-in” event from 3:30-5:00pm.
- Wednesday, September 13 – GCS Back to School Carnival
- All students and their families are invited to our GCS Carnival from 4:30-6:30pm. There will be games, inflatables, and snacks. Admission is free (snacks and drinks are $1 each). Also, wear your GCS clothing for a chance to win prizes!
- Friday, September 15 – Terry Fox Run
- 2:00-3:00pm – Join us as we walk/run and raise money for cancer research.
If you have not done so yet, please return your signed Parent Commission and take care of your financial obligations at the school office.
The school office hours are 8:15am-3:30pm (Monday–Friday).
As you may have noticed from the first two days of school, the school parking lot is extremely busy, especially during drop-off and pick-up times. Use extreme caution when entering and leavi
ng the premises. In an effort to create easy drop-off in the morning and keep traffic flowing smoothly, we ask that if you need to park, please park only in the marked parking spaces on the back half of the large parking lot. Please be sure to pick up your children at the end of the day promptly in an orderly manner.
GCS Athletics begin next week for junior high and senior high athletes (and cross country practices for elementary students). Students in grades 7-12 should be bringing home an information sheet regarding athletics for the year. A practice schedule will be emailed once venues are confirmed; Monday practices include junior boys soccer, jr girls volleyball, sr women’s volleyball, and elementary cross country.
If you would like to use our after-school program, please contact Mrs. Victoria Kelly (email@example.com) for more details.
Please make sure that you register your student for ESL after school tutoring at the ESL Parent Orientation on Monday. Tutoring begins Tuesday 9/12 at 3:15 – 4:30. Can’t make the meeting email Khuizing@gcspei.ca
In an effort to promote school spirit on a daily basis, we encourage all families to purchase GCS-branded clothing. We have a limited number of new GCS tshirts available for purchase ($15) today or at our school carnival on Wednesday. There are child and adult sizes available. For a greater selection of clothing/apparel, visit our online school clothing store here.
Have a GREAT weekend!