Next week at GCS, our class will be taking time to pray over our former classmates as they prepare to write their first set of mid-term exams. Please remember all of the GCS high school students who writing mid-terms next week when praying over the coming days. As well, please take note of the following announcements:
As the school year progresses we are sincerely grateful for the support of families in providing materials for our classrooms. Our Grade Six class could use some boxes of tissue and lemon Lysol wipes to help fight the nasty cold and flu bugs that have been going around. If you would like to provide any of these items for our classroom, please send them with your child in the coming weeks. We would be very thankful.
PD Day, Weather Permitting
As indicated on our online school year calendar, we have a currently scheduled Professional Development Day Friday, February 1st. However, if school is cancelled throughout that week, this PD Day will be cancelled and we will have classes to allow high school students to have time to complete their exams. Please watch our social media accounts for any updates regarding this date.
- Tuesday: Science Fair Procedures & Variables Defined
- February 1 – Professional Development Day (No School- see announcement above)
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (6:00 – 9:00 PM)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (10:00 – 12:00 AM) (No School)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for Grades 3-8 and Grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (No School)
Have a fabulous weekend,