Greetings! What beautiful (and cold) February days we have had so far. Take note below of all information regarding report cards and parent-teacher interviews. I look forward to meeting with you and making plans for the success of each of your students for the remaining two quarters.
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child this Thursday, February 7 after school. Please take some time to review them with your child and encourage them to set small, measurable, and realistic goals for the remainder of the school year.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (February 7) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 8) from 10am-12pm. We will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers. The details are below.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
- Go to http://signup.com/go/jirKcBZ
- Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
- Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
- Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
- Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
- Click “save and done”
- Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
- You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
If you would like assistance signing up for conferences, GCS representatives will be in the school Atrium on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:00-3:30 pm to help you sign up.
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)
Wednesday – Math Test
Thursday – Spelling Test (List 14)
*As we will not be having school on Friday, for the second week, we will be having our usual Friday spelling test on Thursday.