What a wintry past few days! I hope you all had a safe and cozy long weekend. With a crazy week of delays and cancellations, I’d just like to remind everybody to stay tuned in to our GCS Instagram and Facebook page for delays and storm day posts.
In case you haven’t noticed, it is COLD! Please make sure your child comes to school with appropriate winter wear such as mittens or gloves, a hat, boots, a scarf, and snow pants. Also, I highly recommend packing an extra pair of socks as snow has a way of getting into boots, causing wet socks, discomfort, and the wonderful aroma of stinky feet.
Heads-up: Christmas Service Project
At Grace Christian School it is our hope that students will recognize how God uses His children to bless others, and that it truly is better to give than to receive. What a better time than the holiday season to share the love of Jesus with others in our community? So, that is exactly what we plan to do! As this year’s Christmas Service Project, students in grade 4 will be travelling to The Mount on the morning of Monday, December 17th, to sing songs from our Christmas musical and to read stories to the seniors who live there. More details and a permission form will be sent home in the coming weeks.
- MONDAY – SPELLING TEST 9 (Yes, since we missed Friday, we are going to attempt going ahead with the spelling test. Students, take a look at your list this evening or tomorrow morning!)
- Tuesday – Math Quiz 5, Books of the Bible Test (This will likely be moved to Wednesday since we have concert practice during our Bible class block.)
- Thursday – Language Quiz 10
- Friday – Math Test 5, Spelling Test 10
- Thursday, December 6 – K-2 Classic Christmas Concert 2:30-3:00 pm
- Thursday, December 13 – Grade 3-6 Christmas Musical (1:30-3:00 pm & 6:30-7:30 pm)
- Monday, December 17 – Grade 4 Trip to the Mount
- Friday, December 21 – Christmas Parties (half-day)
- Monday, January 7 – First Instructional Day 2019
Have a great week!