Hello grade four families,
I am continually thankful for the opportunity to be teaching in person thus far this school year. It is hard to believe, but we are almost halfway through the year!
This week in Math, students will be learning to add and subtract fractions with uncommon denominators. In Social Studies, we will begin our unit on Asia. And in Art, students will be learning how to add shading and highlights to make objects look more three-dimensional.
Notes from Mrs. Biech
Just a reminder to students to continue working through their novels. These will need to be completely read by February 2 so we can begin working on our book reports.
This week, students will be choosing a poem to recite for the class on January 29. Each poem will only be 10-15 lines and needs to be completely memorized. Students will be working on analyzing the poem in class so that they can tell their classmates about each poem. Please have students spend a few minutes practicing their poems each night.
GCS Spirit Day
There will be another GCS Spirit Day this Wednesday, January 20th. Be sure to wear your GCS gear!
- Wednesday – Grammar Quiz
- Thursday – Bible Memory Verse
- Friday – Spelling Quiz 14 (in cursive), Math Test 8
- Wednesday, January 20 – GCS Spirit Day
- Monday, February 1 – Turn-Around Day (No school)
- Thursday, February 4 – Report Card Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences (5pm-7pm)
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)