Good afternoon GCS families,
It is (already!) the final week of the second quarter. Last week the grade fours celebrated GCS Spirit Day with 100% participation and won a pizza party! There was a lot of excitement! This week we will be learning more about estimation in Math, continuing to gather information about the pros and cons of technology for our upcoming debate in Digital Literacy, and preparing a collective class presentation about Chinese New Year in Social Studies. Students will also be reciting their memorized poem on Friday in Mrs. Biech’s Language class. Students should be practicing their poem every night so that they can have a polished presentation!
Please also note that the following week students will have only three days in class with Turn-Around Day on Monday (for the high school who are switching their courses) and Parent-Teacher Conferences on Friday.
- Thursday – Grammar Test on Adjectives and Adverbs
- Friday – Spelling Quiz 15 (in cursive), Math Quiz 9, Poetry Recital
- Wednesday, January 20 – GCS Spirit Day
- Monday, February 1 – Turn-Around Day (No school)
- Thursday, February 4 – Report Card Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences (5pm-7pm)
- Friday – February 5 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (No school)
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)