Hello GCS families,
We are going to be having a short week with no school on Monday and Friday. This week we will be learning to subtract fractions with borrowing in Math, continuing our research for our presentation on Chinese New Year in Social Studies, and gathering more data for our upcoming debate in Digital Literacy.
Bible Memory Verses
Students are working on memorizing a longer passage from Romans 12. They currently are covering verses 9-12:
“Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Notes from Mrs. Biech
Just a quick reminder that students are to have completed the reading of the novel they began reading at the beginning of January. We will begin working on the book report in class this week.
Also, to work on the students’ grammar skills, a short task will be given each day (a sentence or two). Please make sure these are being completed as they will be collected every Friday to check in on their progress.
- Monday, February 1 – Turn-Around Day (No school)
- Thursday, February 4 – Report Card Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences (5pm-7pm)
- Friday – February 5 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (No school)
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)