Hello GCS Grade 6 Family!
Quarter Two is completed! It’s hard to believe we are already halfway through the year. It has been great to see the development in the Grade 6 students since the start of the year. I look forward to meeting with you all during parent teacher interviews.
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child(ren) this Thursday, February 6. You are asked to please sign the parent communication sheet and return it inside the white envelope with your child’s name on it. To help us reduce the need of multiple envelopes throughout the year, please do not seal the envelope. Parent Teacher Interviews: Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (Feburary 6) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 7) from 10am-12pm. As we did in the first quarter, we will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER:
1. Go to https://signup.com/go/VZQjsMj
2. Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
3. Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
4. Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
5. Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
6. Click “save and done”
7. Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
8. You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
Skating Dates for Grade 6:
Friday, February 14th, 1:30-2:30pm.
Friday, March 6th, 1:30-2:30pm
Skiing Dates for Grade 6:
Wednesday, February 19th
Wednesday March 4th
Thursday, March 12th
Genius Hour – Due Monday February 3rd
Bronze Bow Epilogue – Due Wednesday February 5th
Math Test – Thursday February 6th
Spelling Test – Thursday February 6th