Third quarter already!? It has been a pleasure seeing how each of the Grade Five students has grown over the past few months. I can only imagine how that will continue into the second half of our year. With report cards going home this week, please take note of the following announcements:
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child this Thursday, February 7 after school. Please take some time to review them with your child and encourage them to set small, measurable, and realistic goals for the remainder of the school year. I am extremely proud of the hard work and dedication of my students. Their commitment to personal excellence is certainly reflected in their grades.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (February 7) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 8) from 10am-12pm. We will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers. The details are below.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
- Go to http://signup.com/go/jirKcBZ
- Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
- Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
- Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
- Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
- Click “save and done”
- Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
- You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
If you would like assistance signing up for conferences, GCS representatives will be in the school Atrium on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:00-3:30 pm to help you sign up.
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for grades 3-8 and grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)
- Wednesday: Week 20 Pangram Assignment (Not for ESL students)
- Thursday – Spelling Test 17