Third quarter already!? It has been a pleasure seeing how each of the Grade Five students have grown over the past few months. I can only imagine how that will continue into the second half of our year. With report cards going home this week, please take note of the following announcements:
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child(ren) this Thursday, February 6. You are asked to please sign the parent communication sheet and return it inside the white envelope with your child’s name on it. To help us reduce the need of multiple envelopes throughout the year, please do not seal the envelope.
Parent Teacher Interviews:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (Feburary 6) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 7) from 10am-12pm. As we did in the first quarter, we will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
- Go to https://signup.com/go/gcorvHT
- Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
- Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
- Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
- Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
- Click “save and done”
- Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
- You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers. If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
Assignments & Assessments
Tuesday – Genius Hour Presentations. Writing class “Exposition and Rising Action” is due.
Thursday – Good copies of Old Yeller summaries are to be submitted on Google Classroom before 9am. Math Quiz
Feb.6 – Report Cards and Parent-Teacher Conferences
Feb.7 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (No school)
Feb.14 – Skating Grades 4-6
Feb.17 – Islander Day (No school)
Feb.19 – Skiing Grades 3-6
Feb.28 – PD Day (No school)
Have a great day!