Hello GCS families,
Thank you to everyone who came to parent-teacher meetings with me on Thursday last week. With only two full days in school last week, there is not much to report. We will be continuing preparation for our class presentation on Chinese New Year happening this Wednesday. Also, we will continue learning about subtracting fractions with borrowing and making common denominators.
Valentine’s Day/Chinese New Year Fun
As Valentine’s Day falls on a weekend this year and Friday is Chinese New Year, we are going to take a little time to celebrate! Students are welcome to bring in valentines or treats for their classmates if they so choose this Friday. We will take a little time in the afternoon to exchange valentines and celebrate with a Chinese New Year craft.
Love of Reading Week
Stay tuned for more updates as we look forward to celebrating our annual Love of Reading Week from February 16-20.
- Thursday – Grammar Quiz
- Friday – Spelling Quiz, Math Test 9
- NEXT Thursday, February 18 – Bible Memory Verse
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)