Happy Islander Day!
I hope you are enjoying the long weekend with your family. Students had a wonderful time celebrating Valentine’s Day and Lunar New Year on Friday. Thank you to those who brought in cards and treats. This week we will be continuing our unit on subtraction with fractions and borrowing in Math, presenting our Chinese New Year presentation to the grade six class for Social Studies, and painting silhouettes of children’s book characters in Art. This week is also our annual Love of Reading Week! There are number of special theme days and activities to look forward to.
Love of Reading Week Schedule
- Terrific Titles Tuesday – Bring a favorite book to school.
- Wild Wednesday – Bring a “wild” friend to read with today.
- Theatrical Thursday – Dress up as a book character.
- Fantastic Friday – Dress in your favorite color and bring in your coloring sheet for a prize.
- Thursday – Bible Memory Verse, Book Report Due
- Friday – Math Quiz 10
There is no scheduled spelling quiz for this week.
I think that’s it!