Greetings! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the beautiful weather we have been having. Although this past week wasn’t what we expected it would be, it was still a successful week of learning. I look forward to spending our first full week together. Take note below of what we will be learning and assessing this week, along with a few dates to remember.
Math and Language
Math: We will review dividing with dollar amounts, dividing whole numbers, and multiplying with two-digit factors.
Language: We will continue reviewing spelling and vocabulary list one. Also, we will write non-fiction narratives.
Tests and Quizzes this Week
Monday: Multiplying Quiz (Two Digit Factors)
Wednesday: Math Test #1
Friday: Spelling Quiz List #1
In order to complete several activities throughout the day, headphones are required. Please have your child bring in a set of headphones from home each day. They may also choose to have a set at school permanently.
Meet the Teacher:
This coming Monday (September 20), GCS will be hosting a Meet the Teacher time from 3:00-4:00pm. This is a time for parents that are new to the school to meet their child(ren)’s teacher(s) or for returning parents to meet any new teachers. Parents are asked to remain in their vehicles until 3:00pm and then come into GCS through the main school doors; you will sign-in and be directed to your child(ren)’s teacher’s location. While in GCS, parents are required to wear a non-medical mask at all times. In order for multiple parents to meet the various teachers, please ensure that your time with each teacher is kept to a minimum. Below is the list of where teachers will be located during this time:
- Kindergarten – Mrs. L. Perry & Mrs. J. Squires – Rm: 301
- Grade 1 – Miss E. Kennedy – Rm: 302
- Grade 2 – Mrs. J. Barton – Rm: 304
- Grade 3 – Mrs. A. Smylie – Rm: 306
- Grade 4 – Mrs. M. Biech – Rm: 305
- Grade 5 – Mrs. C. MacDougall – Rm: 308
- Grade 6 – Mr. J. Olsen – Rm: 307
- Educational Support – Mrs. J. Arthurs & Mrs. T. Wainwright
- Elementary Director – Mrs. N. MacNeill
Dates to Remember this Fall:
- Monday, September 20 – Meet the Teacher (3pm – 4pm)
- Monday, September 20 – Jazz Band Parent Information Meeting Gr. 7-12 (4pm)
- Wednesday, September 29 – Terry Fox Run & Casual Day
- Thursday, September 30 – National Day of Truth and Reconciliation – No School
- Friday, October 1 – School Picture Day
- Monday, October 11 – Thanksgiving – No School
- Thursday, November 11 – Remembrance Day – No School
- Friday, November 12 – ACSI Teachers Conference – No School
- Monday, November 15 – ACSI Teachers Conference – No School
- Thursday, November 18 – First Quarter Report Cards
- Thursday, November 18 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 19 – Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)