Grade 5 families,
With only 6 weeks left in the school year, year-end plans are underway. Last week in Math, we learned how to calculate the perimeter of various shapes and will look at area this week. In Language Arts, students finished reading Number the Stars and will start working on a book report. Students have also been writing and practicing their speeches. In Social Studies, students started work on the medieval manor project. See below for more details.
There are only a few days left to order your 2020-21 Yearbooks! All orders and payment must be submitted by next Wednesday, May 12th. The price for this year’s yearbook is $20.
Payment Options Include:
- Cash & order form given to Homeroom Teacher
- E-transfer to email@example.com using the password “yearbook2021”
- Please include Student’s name when ordering via e-transfer
- Debit (paid in school office)
Number the Stars Novel Study
In Language Arts, students have read through the novel Number the Stars and completed daily journal entries with summaries and answers to reflection questions. More information on the book report can be found on students’ Google Classroom accounts. Students have been introduced to the book report last week. Below is this week’s schedule for journal entries.
May 10th: Ch.17 Summary and Reflection
In Social Studies, students have completed their medieval lapbooks and have started working on their manor projects last week. Students were sent home over the weekend with their project boards to work on. Please remember to have these boards and any materials returned to school on Monday so we can finish the project at school. The manors will be due this Friday, May 14th, and presentations will begin next week.
Assignments and Assessments
- Wednesday – Math Test
- Thursday – Spelling List 29 Quiz
- Friday – Medieval Manor projects due
Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, May 20 – Arts Coffeehouse (1:30pm, 3:30pm & 7pm)
- Monday, May 24 – Victoria Day (No School)
- Friday, June 4 – Living Wax Museum (2pm)
- Wednesday, June 9 – Gr. 6 Graduation at 9am
- Tuesday, June 15 – Kindergarten Graduation at 6:30pm (Details TBD)
- Thursday, June 17 – GCS Family Fun Day?
- Friday, June 18 – School Closing
That’s all for now. See you next week.