Grade 5 families,
Only 4 weeks left in the school year! Last week in Math, we reviewed geometry and began learning how to divide using decimals. In Language Arts, students have presented their speeches and will be working on their book reports for Number the Stars. In Social Studies, we began studying the Early Modern Era with the invention of the printing press and discovery of the Americas.
Number the Stars Book Report
In Language Arts, students have read through the novel Number the Stars and completed daily journal entries with summaries and answers to reflection questions. The book report is due this Friday at the beginning of class. It will be food themed and more information can be found on students’ Google Classroom accounts.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be having a few theme/dress-up days:
Tuesday, May 25 – Twin Day
Tuesday, June 1 – “Canada” Day (since we don’t get to celebrate this during the school year)
Assignments and Assessments
- Wednesday – Math Quiz
- Thursday – No Spelling Quiz
- Friday – Number the Stars Book Report due
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, May 25 – Twin Day
- Tuesday, June 1 – Canada Day Theme Day
- Friday, June 4 – Living Wax Museum (2pm)
- Wednesday, June 9 – Gr. 6 Graduation at 9am
- Tuesday, June 15 – Kindergarten Graduation at 6:30pm (Details TBD)
- Thursday, June 17 – GCS Family Fun Day?
- Friday, June 18 – School Closing
That’s all for now. See you next week.