Good afternoon, GCS Families:
As we begin June, there are lots of final assessments and celebrations coming up! This week in Math, we will learn more about geometry and begin a final math project in which students will design and draw a scaled floorplan of their dream house, complete with a sheet detailing the area and perimeter of each room. The due date for the Social Studies project (June 7 and 9) is quickly approaching and students will have two more classes to work on it during school hours. The remainder will need to be completed at home. In Digital Literacy, students are learning more about coding and in Art they will be creating some fun crafts for the final projects of the year, like magnets and keychains.
I Like It Celebration
Students have had a nicely respectful three weeks of school and have earned the remainder of their “I Like Its”. As such, this Friday, we will be having a time where they can take in their own device and then a time for a little extra recess outside.
Humane Society Donations
Grade 5 students, Jack and Penny, have organized a donation drive for the PEI Humane Society for their Genius Hour project. They have been collecting donations of cat supplies, food, and toys. The last day to bring in donations will be this Monday, May 31st. If you would like to support their Genius Hour project and the Humane Society, please bring in donations Monday morning.
- Tuesday, June 1 – “Canada” Day (theme/dress-up day)
- Thursday, June 4 – Living Wax Museum for ESL Students (1pm – 3pm)
- Wednesday, June 9 – Gr. 6 Graduation at 9am
- Tuesday, June 15 – Kindergarten Graduation at 6:30pm
- Thursday, June 17 – GCS Family Fun Day (but not really)
- Friday, June 18 – School Closing
- Tuesday – Bible Memory Verse, Winn-Dixie Assignments due
- Thursday – Math Test 15
- Friday – Spelling Test 28