Grade 5 families,
Only 3 weeks left in the school year! On Tuesday this week we will be celebrating Canada Day. Since we aren’t in school on July 1st, we’ll celebrate it on June 1st instead. Dress in your red and white and all things Canadian. Last week in Math, students practiced dividing decimals and rounding decimals. In Language Arts, students finished their book reports on Number the Stars. They also studied elements of nonfiction and looked for them in documentaries and commercials. In Social Studies, students learned about Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.
Humane Society Donations
Grade 5 students, Jack and Penny, have organized a donation drive for the PEI Humane Society for their Genius Hour project. They have been collecting donations of cat supplies, food, and toys. The last day to bring in donations will be this Monday, May 31st. If you would like to support their Genius Hour project and the Humane Society, please bring in donations Monday morning.
Assignments and Assessments
- Wednesday – Math Quiz
- Thursday – Spelling Quiz (The BIG One)
Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, June 1 – Canada Day Theme Day
- Friday, June 4 – Living Wax Museum (2pm)
- Wednesday, June 9 – Gr. 6 Graduation at 9am
- Tuesday, June 15 – Kindergarten Graduation at 6:30pm (Details TBD)
- Thursday, June 17 – GCS Family Fun Day?
- Friday, June 18 – School Closing
That’s all for now. See you next week.