Welcome to October, everyone! The first month of school seems to have gone by in a blur and here we are with fall upon us (even though we had a few hot days last week)! This week we will be solving measurement problems in Math, finding out about how to determine if a website is trust-worthy in Digital Literacy, researching facts about the Canadian Shield in Social Studies, and starting to memorize the books of the Bible. Please take note of all the following information about the coming weeks’ events and changes to the calendar:
Say cheese! This Friday students will have their picture taken by Lifetouch. These pictures are used for the school yearbook so students should bring their best smiles!
There will be no school on Monday, October 12th, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I hope you all have a wonderful day to be grateful for God’s innumerable blessings.
Updated Calendar Due to ACSI Cancellation
In past years, our teachers have attended the ACSI Teachers Conference in Moncton in October but due to COVID-19 restrictions, the conference has been cancelled this year. With this change, we will now have classes on Thursday, October 22 and Friday, October 23. As a result of this, there are also some changes to the calendar for the month of November. Please make note of the following:
- Thursday, November 12 – Friday, November 13: PD Days – No School
- Thursday, November 19: 1st Quarter Report Cards
- Thursday, November 19: Parent Teacher Conferences (6pm – 9pm)
- Friday, November 20: Parent Teacher Conferences (10am – 12pm) No School
- Friday, November 27: PD Day – No School
Usually during the fall, we travel to Elliot River for the annual Cross-Country Meet. This year, however, students will be running the race at our own school and submitting their time. Race Day is scheduled for Thursday, October 15.
- October 9: School Pictures
- October 12: Thanksgiving (No School)
- October 15: Cross Country
- October 19-23: Science and Technology Week
- Wednesday – Language Test 1
- Friday – Spelling Quiz 4, Math Test 2