Well, that was surely an exciting week! Students learned about what a meteorologist does, and the tools used for determining the weather from CBC’s Jay Scotland. They also created lovely pieces of digital art using an artificial intelligence landscape designer and another website that uses lines of symmetry. Check out their creations on Seesaw!
This week, we will be finishing our review of Canadian provinces and regions for Social Studies, learning about and using liquid measures in Math, discussing and practicing digital citizenship in Digital Literacy, creating poppies in the style of Georgia O’Keefe in Art, and having Fall Party on Friday. More details are to come!
Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse Shoebox Campaign)
Our school is participating in Operation Christmas Child once again this year. Every GCS student is encouraged to fill a box with items that can be shared with a child in need in another country. Items that may be placed in the box include: toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items, washcloths, socks, toothbrushes. Please do not include any liquids, food items of any kind, war-related items, or breakable items.
Students have been sent home with a copy of Flanders Field which will be recited at the upcoming Remembrance Day Ceremony. Please practice as I am sure this will sneak up on us!
- Friday, October 28 – Fall Party
- Saturday, October 29 – Pancake Breakfast AND Fall Market AND Trunk or Treat
- Friday, November 4 – GCS Teacher Convention (No School)
- Thursday, November 10 – GCS Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Friday, November 11 – Remembrance Day (No School)
- Tuesday, October 25 – Math Quiz 3
- Friday, October 28 – Spelling Quiz 5
- Friday, October 21 – Math Test 3