After a full week of learning which ended with a great Fall Party, we have three four-day weeks coming up! It is important that students take time to practice items they have not yet mastered, such as math facts that they are struggling with, Flanders Field which they will be reciting on November 10, and their spelling lists.
Healthy Snacks Please!
After Halloween, students usually have a plethora of candy which ends up in their lunchboxes. Although treats are enjoyable when lunch is complete, students should have a healthy snack that is not loaded with sugar for our mid-morning break. Also, please limit the number of treats they take to school.
Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse Shoebox Campaign)
Our school is participating in Operation Christmas Child once again this year. Every GCS student is encouraged to fill a box with items that can be shared with a child in need in another country. Items that may be placed in the box include: toys, school supplies, non-liquid hygiene items, washcloths, socks, toothbrushes. Please do not include any liquids, food items of any kind, war-related items, or breakable items.
Collection week is November 14th-18th in school, though our target date is Wednesday, Nov.16th (for Chapel). Please be sure to send in your filled shoeboxes (or item that you would like to donate towards filling a shoebox) by then.
- Friday, November 4 – GCS Teacher Convention (No School)
- Thursday, November 10 – GCS Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Friday, November 11 – Remembrance Day (No School)
- Wednesday, November 16 – Operation Christmas Child Boxes Due
- Thursday, November 17 – Elementary Parent-Teacher Interviews (5:00-7:00)
- Friday, November 18 – High School Parent-Teacher Interviews (No School)
- Tuesday, November 1 – Math Quiz 5
- Thursday, November 3 – Math Test 4, Spelling Quiz 6