We had a wonderful four-day week, filled with lots of learning. In Art, students blended colors from one to another to create a lovely acrylic sunset. In Math, they learned about measures of weight and were introduced to some new geometry terms. In Science, students had their first “Mythbusters” class. And in Language, students learned more about John McCrae and the first World War.
This coming week, we will be continuing our unit on Geometry. In Art class, we will be blending chalks to create a picture of the Northern Lights. And in Social Studies, we will cover identifying the continents and begin our unit on Christmas Around the World. On Thursday, we will be having the Remembrance Day Ceremony at 9:30. Parents are welcome to join us for this event, especially as the grade four class will be reciting Flanders Field.
- Thursday, November 10 – GCS Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Friday, November 11 – Remembrance Day (No School)
- Wednesday, November 16 – Operation Christmas Child Boxes Due
- Thursday, November 17 – Elementary Parent-Teacher Interviews (5:00-7:00)
- Friday, November 18 – High School Parent-Teacher Interviews (No School)
- Monday, November 7 – Spelling Quiz 6, Books of the Bible Quiz
- Thursday, November 10 – Math Test 4