Can you believe we’ve just about made it through the first quarter of the year already? The Grade Five students continue to amaze me, and I’m excited to start new units this week in Language Arts and Social Studies. We’ll be studying poetry in Language Arts and introduce students to a new form of poetry, the Limerick. In Social Studies we’ll be going back in time to study a variety of ancient civilizations and learn about their culture, language, writing, and architecture.
Assignments and Assessments
- Wednesday – Math Test
- Thursday – Spelling List 8 Quiz
Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 – Remembrance Day (No School)
- Thursday, Nov. 12 – PD Day (No School)
- Friday, Nov. 13 – PD Day (No School)
- Thursday, Nov.19 – Report Cards
That’s all for now. See you next week.