Week of Feb. 3 in Grade 1
We had a great week last week doing some digital research on pets and some team building STEM challenges. This week we are on spelling list #12. Our test will be on Thursday this week. Students are memorizing Bible verse #3. Please remember to return our class Super Reader Library books on Monday so your child can take out different books to practice reading.
Thank you for partnering with us in helping your child learn and grow. The progress each student is making each quarter truly brings joy to my heart. They have worked hard and so have many of you in helping them and their effort and progress is worth celebrating.
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child(ren) this Thursday, February 6. You are asked to please sign the parent communication sheet and return it inside the white envelope with your child’s name on it. To help us reduce the need of multiple envelopes throughout the year, please do not seal the envelope.
Parent Teacher Interviews:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (Feburary 6) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 7) from 10am-12pm. As we did in the first quarter, we will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
1. Go to https://signup.com/go/gcorvHT
2. Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
3. Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
4. Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
5. Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
6. Click “save and done”
7. Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
8. You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers. If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
Skating & Skiing For Elementary:
Although an official permission slip outlining all the details of the skating and skiing events for elementary will be sent home with your child in the future, I wanted to take a moment to give you the heads up that we will once again be participating in these activities throughout the months of February and March.
Students are not required to have their own ski gear, nor are they obligated to attend this event. Elementary students in grades 3 – 6 will ski twice throughout the winter months at Brookvale Provincial Ski Park and lessons will be provided for students who require them. More details provided in the future.
Students that wish to participate in skating must have their own skates and helmet. Students are not obligated to participate, however should they wish to, please make arrangements for them to acquire the proper skating equipment. Elementary students in grades 1 – 6 will skate two times throughout the winter months.
God bless and have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Ellie Bryenton