The class was so excited to share and identify the 3D shapes that every student brought in from home. Thank you so much for helping them with this little project. It’s a great benefit to students when they can apply what they are learning to real, everyday life and situations. This week we will begin learning about capacity and volume. Some ways you can help your child are by pointing out how many millimetres or litres are in objects in your own cupboards, fridge, or grocery store. Another way is to let them explore with a set of measuring cups and water. Students are encouraged to bring in objects marked with millilitres or litres for us to read and compare in class on Wednesday. These should be easy to find in your recycling bin or cupboards. I’m looking forward to another great week ahead! Thank you for your partnership. I am so thankful to continue to be in class teaching with each of your children each day. We are blessed.
Homework: This week students will have a sight words page and will be practicing their spelling list.
Tests: Students will have a Phonics test on Wednesday, a Math test on Thursday, and a Spelling test on Friday.
- Wednesday, January 20 – GCS Spirit Day
- Monday, February 1 – Turn-Around Day (No school)
- Thursday, February 4 – Report Card Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences (5pm-7pm)
- Friday, February 5 – Parent-Teacher Conferences for Jr/Sr High (No School)
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)
Have a wonderful week!