Dear Grade 3 families,
I trust that everyone has weathered the latest storm intact!
Thank you all for everything you have been doing to encourage and support your child at home with their online lessons. I am just blown away by how resilient our students are! Their grit and perseverance are a shining example to us all! As we navigate another week online together, may we remember to be patient and kind.
Class Zoom Call:
Grade 3 are invited to a class Zoom call on Tuesday, January 18th at 11:30AM. I know the students have been missing their school friends just as much as I have missed being with my students each day!
I will send a link to parent emails approximately 10 minutes before the Zoom call. I would ask that you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide me with the email address you would like me to use.
- Monday – MARVELous Monday: Dress-up as your favourite superhero
- Wednesday – When I Grow Up Wednesday: Dress-up the way you would for the career you want when you grow up.
- Friday – Farm Day Friday: Dress-up as a farmer or your favourite farm animal.
Daily emphasis will be placed on literacy, numeracy, and health & wellness. Most of the students’ daily assignments and classwork will be graded in all elementary Language, Phonics, Reading, and Math courses. Students who do not complete the graded assignments during the period of remote-learning will be expected to complete them once they return to school in order to acquire a grade in these courses for second quarter. Please ensure that daily work in Math and Language are completed in full.
Weekly Elementary Online Schedule:
Throughout the period of remote-learning, students can expect to see daily posts from their elective courses based on the schedule below:
- Monday: Science (Gr 1 – 6), French (1-6)
- Tuesday: Social Studies (Gr 1 – 6)
- Wednesday: Bible (Gr 1 – 6),
- Thursday: Music (Gr 1 – 6), Social Studies (Gr 5/6)
- Friday: Art (Gr 1 – 6), Science (Gr 5/6)
Here’s to a productive week ahead!