Dear Grade 6 Families,
Thank you so much for your continued support of the Grade 6 students during this time online. I am thankful for the grit and perseverance that Grade 6 students have displayed, and I encourage them all to continue with this as online learning continues.
Class Zoom Call:
All grade 6 students are welcome to attend a class-wide Zoom call on Wednesday, January 19th at 9:30am. This will be a chance to see each other again and hear about what is going on in each other’s lives. I will send a link to parent emails just prior to the Zoom call.
- Monday – MARVELous Monday: Dress-up as your favourite superhero
- Wednesday – When I Grow Up Wednesday: Dress-up the way you would for the career you want when you grow up.
- Friday – Farm Day Friday: Dress-up as a farmer or your favourite farm animal.
Daily emphasis will be placed on literacy, numeracy, and health & wellness. Most of the students’ daily assignments and classwork will be graded in all elementary Language, Phonics, Reading, and Math courses. Students who do not complete the graded assignments during the period of remote-learning will be expected to complete them once they return to school in order to acquire a grade in these courses for second quarter. Please ensure that daily work in Math and Language are completed in full.
Weekly Elementary Online Schedule:
Throughout the period of remote-learning, students can expect to see daily posts from their elective courses based on the schedule below:
- Monday: Science (Gr 1 – 6), French (1-6)
- Tuesday: Social Studies (Gr 1 – 6)
- Wednesday: Bible (Gr 1 – 6),
- Thursday: Music (Gr 1 – 6), Social Studies (Gr 5/6)
- Friday: Art (Gr 1 – 6), Science (Gr 5/6)
Have a great weekend,