I hope all enjoyed your weekend and were able to dig out from this last storm.
Thank you all for everything you have been doing to encourage and support your child at home with their online lessons. They have all been doing a great job!
Zoom call: This week we will have a class zoom call to give us a chance to see our classmates and hear what they have been doing. This is an optional event. Our class will be meeting on Tuesday at 10:30am. I can’t wait to see you all, and I know many have been missing friends. This will be a great opportunity to connect with each of you. Please help your child turn on the mute button when it’s not their time to speak (so everyone else isn’t hearing lots of background noises).
I will send a link to parent emails approximately 10 minutes before the Zoom call. I would ask that you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide me with the email address you would like me to use.
- Monday – MARVELous Monday: Dress-up as your favourite superhero
- Wednesday – When I Grow Up Wednesday: Dress-up the way you would for the career you want when you grow up.
- Friday – Farm Day Friday: Dress-up as a farmer or your favourite farm animal.
Daily emphasis will be placed on literacy, numeracy, and health & wellness. Most of the students’ daily assignments and classwork will be graded in all elementary Language, Phonics, Reading, and Math courses. Students who do not complete the graded assignments during the period of remote-learning will be expected to complete them once they return to school in order to acquire a grade in these courses for second quarter. Please ensure that daily work in Math and Language are completed in full.
Weekly Elementary Online Schedule:
Throughout the period of remote-learning, students can expect to see daily posts from their elective courses based on the schedule below:
- Monday: Science (Gr 1 – 6), French (1-6)
- Tuesday: Social Studies (Gr 1 – 6)
- Wednesday: Bible (Gr 1 – 6),
- Thursday: Music (Gr 1 – 6), Social Studies (Gr 5/6)
- Friday: Art (Gr 1 – 6), Science (Gr 5/6)
Enjoy your week!