We are thankful to be almost half way through the school year and still have the opportunity to have in class learning. We pray that this will continue throughout this year. We’ve been having a great year in grade two! Please take note of the following items that relate to Grade Two this week:
GCS Spirit Day
This Wednesday, January 20th, will be another GCS Spirit Day. All students are welcome and encouraged to wear GCS apparel to school on Wednesday to show their school spirit!
Dressing for the Weather
Just a friendly reminder that all children should be coming to school prepared for outdoor play. Please ensure your child has a hat, two pairs of mittens, a warm jacket, snow pants, and boots.
This Week in Grade Two
Language: Students will finish the parts of speech unit on adjectives, adverbs, interjections, and conjunctions.
Math: Students will continue to practice reading time to the hour, half hour, quarter to, and quarter after. Students will also be able to tell what time it is 1/2 hr earlier or later. Students will learn the 14 addition and subtraction family.
Social Studies: We will begin the study of the Hudson Bay Lowlands.
Wednesday – Math test
Thursday – Parts of speech test
Friday – Spelling test # 13
Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, January 20 – GCS Spirit Day
- Monday, February 1 – Turn-Around Day (No school)
- Thursday, February 4 – Report Card Day and Parent-Teacher Conferences (5pm-7pm)
- Monday, February 15 – Islander Day (No school)
- Tuesday, February 16 – Friday, February 19 – Love of Reading Week
- Monday, February 26 – PD Day (No school)
Enjoy you week!