Hello, Grade 3 Families,
We have made it to the last week before March Break! I think it is fair to say that we are all ready for a little rest…but not until this week is done! Please take note of the following announcements as we prepare for this busy week.
Our class is collecting empty bottles, cans, and juice boxes in order to raise some funds to purchase seeds and planting necessities. We hope to begin planting shortly after we return from March Break. If you have “empties” at home that you could send in, that would be greatly appreciated!
Get your math brains on, students! The elementary classes have entered a national competition through Mathletics, an award winning interactive site that aims to improve math skills through fun activities linked to the Canadian curriculum. Students earn points by completing activities and answering questions in Live Mathletics competitions. We are hoping the enthusiasm surrounding this competition grows and will help to increase our students’ math skills. And, who knows? We may even win a prize. The contest runs from March 7th to March 24th.
Winter Carnival Theme Days (March 7th – 11th)
- Monday: Formal Day
- To start off our Winter Carnival Theme Days, come dressed your best for Formal Day!
- Tuesday: Decade Day
- Dress as if you have just traveled from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or any decade of your choice!
- Wednesday: Twin Day
- Find a friend and dress the same to have a twin for the day!
- Thursday: Favourite Things Day
- Come dressed to represent one of your favourite things, whether that’s the Leafs, Star Wars or a character from your favourite book – be creative!
- Friday: PJ Day
- Dress comfy on Friday in your favourite PJs!
This Week’s Assessments
Monday: Spelling Quiz 19
Wednesday: Math Quiz 9
Friday: Spelling Quiz 20
Monday, March 14th – Friday, March 18th: March Break (NO SCHOOL)
Friday, March 25th: Spring Photo Day
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!