Grade 5 parents, take note of all announcements as we begin our final week before March break.
Get your math brains on, students! The elementary classes have entered a national competition through Mathletics, an award winning interactive site that aims to improve math skills through fun activities linked to the Canadian curriculum. Students earn points by completing activities and answering questions in Live Mathletics competitions. We are hoping the enthusiasm surrounding this competition grows and will help to increase our students’ math skills. And, who knows? We may even win a prize. The contest runs from March 7th to March 24th.
Wednesday – Math Test
Friday – Spelling Quiz
Winter Carnival Theme Days
- Monday: Formal Day
- To start off our Winter Carnival Theme Days, come dressed your best for Formal Day!
- Tuesday: Decade Day
- Dress as if you have just traveled from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or any decade of your choice!
- Wednesday: Twin Day
- Find a friend and dress the same to have a twin for the day!
- Thursday: Favourite Things Day
- Come dressed to represent one of your favourite things, whether that’s the Leafs, Star Wars or a character from your favourite book – be creative!
- Friday: PJ Day
- Dress comfy on Friday in your favourite PJs!
March Break – Monday, March 14th – Friday, March 18th