Dear GCS Grade 6 Families,
In Math this week we continued our study of Geometry and wrote a test. Students finished the week by learning about the perimeter of squares and rectangles.
In Social Studies this week, students were working on finishing their Heritage Fair papers. These will be due on Monday, March 7th.
Get your math brains on, students! The elementary classes have entered a national competition through Mathletics, an award winning interactive site that aims to improve math skills through fun activities linked to the Canadian curriculum. Students earn points by completing activities and answering questions in Live Mathletics competitions. We are hoping the enthusiasm surrounding this competition grows and will help to increase our students’ math skills. And, who knows? We may even win a prize. 🙂 The contest runs from March 7th to March 24th.
Winter Carnival Theme Days (March 7th – 11th)
- Monday: Formal Day
- To start off our Winter Carnival Theme Days, come dressed your best for Formal Day!
- Tuesday: Decade Day
- Dress as if you have just traveled from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or any decade of your choice!
- Wednesday: Twin Day
- Find a friend and dress the same to have a twin for the day!
- Thursday: Favourite Things Day
- Come dressed to represent one of your favourite things, whether that’s the Leafs, Star Wars or a character from your favourite book – be creative!
- Friday: PJ Day
- Dress comfy on Friday in your favourite PJs!
PD Day (No School) – Friday, March 4th
March Break – Monday, March 14th – Friday, March 18th
Daily Math Work
Heritage Fair Paper – Due Monday, March 7th
LA: One Limerick – Due Monday, March 7th
Math Quiz – Friday, March 11th
Spelling – Friday, March 11th
Have a great weekend,