Dear Students and Parents,
Thank you for another great week of online learning. The progress each student continues to make despite the challenges of distance learning is remarkable and so encouraging. Thank you for continuing to partner with us. Please find an outline of this weeks work below.
Have a wonderful long weekend! God bless you and your families.
Week of May 18
- Watch the video to learn the spelling rule about doubling the final consonant when adding a suffix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmO1KoPY5aU
- Handbook for Reading: page 119 special sounds “old” in “gold” and “mb” in “lamb”
- Letters and Sounds pages 81-82
- Get Epic reading assignment
- Reading and Writing assessment: You will be asked to record yourself reading the short story sent to you. Use your neatest handwriting, full sentences, proper capitalization and punctuation to answer 3 questions about the story you read.
- Language 1 page 79
- Prefix and Suffix Practice Game: https://www.starfall.com/h/ela/jurassic-zoo/?sn=ela2-3
- Handbook for Reading: page 120 the “ew” in “flew” and the “ew” in “few”
- Letters and Sounds pg. 83-85
- Vocabulary Sentence Sorting Activity
- Do you remember the difference between common and proper nouns? Have some fun playing this game to check: https://www.starfall.com/h/ela/noun-jump/?sn=ela1
- Fill out and submit your weekly activity log.