Dear Students and Parents,
Thank you for another great week of online learning. The progress each student continues to make despite the challenges of distance learning is remarkable and so encouraging. Thank you for continuing to partner with us. Please find an outline of this weeks work below.
Have a wonderful long weekend! God bless you and your families.
Week of May 18
- Watch the video to learn the spelling rule about doubling the final consonant when adding a suffix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmO1KoPY5aU
- Handbook for Reading: page 119 special sounds “old” in “gold” and “mb” in “lamb”
- Letters and Sounds pages 81-82
- Get Epic reading assignment
- Let’s learn about dividing objects into thirds by watching this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ooKWyPI0i4
- Arithmetic 1 pages 204 (q. 1, 2, 4, 5), 205 (q. 1, 2, 4). As always, please upload pictures of your completed work and place them in the “math” folder.
- Practice identifying fractions in this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-fractions-equal-parts.html
- ***Seesaw Snacktime Fractions Assessment Activity
- We’ll to learning about the Yukon this week
- Stay tuned for a seesaw activity helping students identify the symbols of the Yukon and where the Yukon is on the map.
- Reading and Writing assessment: You will be asked to record yourself reading the short story sent to you. Use your neatest handwriting, full sentences, proper capitalization and punctuation to answer 3 questions about the story you read.
- Language 1 page 79
- Prefix and Suffix Practice Game: https://www.starfall.com/h/ela/jurassic-zoo/?sn=ela2-3
- Watch this video about fractions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1WuyxTCmo
- Arithmetic pg. 207 (q. 1-3), 208 (q. 1, 4, 5
- Practice identifying fractions of shapes with this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-fractions-of-shapes.html
- Review using ordinal numbers with this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-ordinal-numbers-up-to-10.html
- Handbook for Reading: page 120 the “ew” in “flew” and the “ew” in “few”
- Letters and Sounds pg. 83-85
- Vocabulary Sentence Sorting Activity
- Do you remember the difference between common and proper nouns? Have some fun playing this game to check: https://www.starfall.com/h/ela/noun-jump/?sn=ela1
- Arithmetic 1 pg. *209 and 210
- Practice Adding 3 numbers with this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-addition-3-addends-to-20.html
- Language 1 pages 80, 81, 82
- Watch this video to help you differentiate between fiction and nonfiction books. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRPqkPnRl8
- Go to https://www.starfall.com/h/ir-fnf/?sn=im-reading and read one fiction and one nonfiction book. Respond by writing some of the differences between fiction and nonfiction books.
- Arithmetic 1 pg. 211 (q. 1,2), 112 (q. 1-5)
- Review odd and even numbers with this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-odd-and-even-numbers.html
- Practice adding coins with this game: https://www.iknowit.com/lessons/a-counting-coins-up-to-one-dollar-canadian.html
- Fill out and submit your weekly activity log.