Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for your patience as we all adjusted to the return to school after Fiona, some with power, some still without. I pray that as we enjoy this Thanksgiving weekend, all of us will see our electricity restored.
Community Outreach Project – Planting Seeds of Kindness
Grade One and Two have been collecting tea, sweet treats, and cash donations to buy coffee cards for the staff at Geneva Villa. Please send in donations by Wednesday this week. Grade one is asked to bring in tea or a sweet treat and Grade two is asked to bring in a donation of $2.00 – $5.00 to purchase coffee cards for the staff.
On Friday, a number of work pages were sent home in your child’s blue folder. Please ensure that you are checking this folder each night and removing any sheets that are on the left hand side of the folder.
When packing your child’s lunch bag, please remember to add whatever utensils he or she will need as well. Supplies are limited at school.
Grace Christian School has established deep roots in the Island’s educational landscape over the past 43 years, impacting the lives of many students, families, and our greater community. We have continued to flourish as a private Christian school, thanks in part to the generosity of our stakeholders.
Your gifts help us expand our current programs and develop new programs and services to support our growing student body. Your gifts allow us to expand and improve our infrastructure, purchase modern curriculum and extracurricular resources, and most importantly, help stabilize our bursary fund to ensure that every student meeting our entrance requirements has access to an exceptional 21st century, Christ-centered education.
This thanksgiving season, we will celebrate the countless blessings God has showered on Grace Christian School with The Knight’s Harvest: A Celebration of Thankfulness. It is our prayer that GCS families, friends, and community supporters will demonstrate their thankfulness for Grace Christian School with a financial gift this Thanksgiving season. Together, we can empower future generations of Knights, so they can impact others for the glory of God!
How to Give
- Gifts may be given in the form of cash, cheque, or e-transfer. Please make all cheques payable to Grace Christian School.
- Each student will receive a pledge form for The Knights Harvest today. Please return the pledge form and gift to your child’s homeroom teacher by Friday, Oct. 14th. For tax purposes, please include your name and address.
- E-transfer: Should you wish to e-transfer funds on behalf of your child, please use the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and make note in the comments that the gift is being allocated to The Knights Harvest. For tax purposes, please include your name and address.
Wednesday, October 12th – Math test (Gr. 1-2)
Thursday – Phonics Test (Grade 2)
Friday, October 14th – Grade One – Spelling Test # 2, Grade Two – Spelling Test # 4
- Monday, October 10 – Thanksgiving
- Thursday, October 13 – Guiding Your Kids Through a Digital World: Parent Seminar (7pm)
- Monday, October 17 – Friday, October 21 – Science and Technology Week
- Friday, October 28 – Fall Party
- Saturday, October 29 – Pancake Breakfast and Fall Market
Enjoy your week!