How amazing it is to realize that we are now half way through the school year! With this in mind, please take note of the following announcements regarding Parent Teacher Conferences & Report Cards.
The second quarter report cards are being sent home with your child this Thursday, February 7 after school. Please take some time to review them with your child and discuss together what they are doing well, and what areas need to be improved upon.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening (February 7) from 6-9pm and Friday morning (February 8) from 10am-12pm. We will use SignUp.com, an online web-based platform, for parents registering for conferences with their child’s teachers. The details are below.
USING SIGNUP.COM TO REGISTER
- Go to http://signup.com/go/jirKcBZ
- Click “view” beside the teacher’s name you want to sign up for first (orange box)
- Choose an available timeslot for that teacher by clicking the green “sign up” button
- Log in via Facebook OR enter your email address (you need to click “confirm” on the next page)
- Fill in your name and your child’s name; your phone number is NOT required
- Click “save and done”
- Click “save” at the top of the screen (blue and white box)
- You will see a confirmation screen and will also receive a reminder email about that conference time/teacher; it is advised that you also record your interview teacher/time separately, especially if you are meeting with multiple teachers.
If you have more teachers to sign up for, click the blue/white “Go back to all signups” button and repeat steps 2-7.
If you would like assistance signing up for conferences, GCS representatives will be in the school Atrium on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:00-3:30 pm to help you sign up.
- February 7 – Report Cards/Parent-Teacher Conferences (pm)
- February 8 – Parent-Teacher Conferences (am) (no school)
- February 11-15 – Love of Reading Week
- February 15 – Skiing for grades 3-8 and grade 10
- February 18 – Islander Day (no school)
- Wednesday: Math Test 14
- Thursday – Spelling Test 17
I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!