Welcome to the NEW school year! It is a great honour to get to know you and your children and we have a few events that you should save the date for.
As we begin the year I wanted to remind you of a few important dates.
- September 7 First day of regular classes – 8:45 – 3:00
- September 7 Prayer for our school – 2:40 – Outside our school building
- September 11 ESL Parent Information Night at 6:00 pm is a VERY important night for parents who speak Mandarin or have a student in ESL. We meet in the sanctuary and explain everything your ESL student needs to be successful.
- September 12 ESL Tutoring begins / Registration Required 3:00 – 4:30 Meet in Room 104
- September 12 Meet the Teacher Day 3:30 – 5:00 pm Go to teacher’s classrooms
- September 13 Family Fun Night – Carnival 4:30 – 6:00 pm Meet many new families!
- September 15 Terry Fox Run 2:20 – 3:00 Outside
Starting Sept. 23, 2017 from 11:00 – 12:00 there is a Moms & Dads Class in Room 202. This is a class to help all parents with their English skills, feel comfortable in PEI, and learn how to help their ESL students. Child care IS PROVIDED!!
Also if you are a newcomer from China – you are invited to the Sherwood Baptist Church Mandarin Speaking Church. They are having a special event. Please read below: