Welcome to our Grade 1 class! I hope you and your families had a wonderful summer.
My name is Mrs. Bryenton. This is my fifth year of teaching and my second year teaching Grade 1 at GCS. I love working with this age group and being apart of the amazing the community of GCS.
This year will bring some unique challenges but we as staff have excellent plans and procedures in place to make this a successful school year. It is very important that we all continue to model enthusiasm and optimism about the coming school year to help students feel safe and confident.
Our theme verse for this year is:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
First Day of School
Our first day of school will be Tuesday, Sept. 8. Drop off for elementary students will begin at 8:35am. Class begins at 8:45am. Parents are asked to stay inside their vehicle and to drop off their child in the drive-thru drop off zone only. Grade 1 Students will enter and exit through the main entrance doors. Staff will be available to support students in their routines and assist them into the school building. The elementary school day concludes at 2:45pm. Parents are asked to pick up their child promptly, once again using the drive-thru drop off/pick up zone.
What Does My Child Need for the First Day?
- All students must have access to a personal non-medical mask on a daily basis (please clean daily).
- A lunch box containing a healthy snack (no candy or pop), healthy lunch, and drink in a spill-proof container. Since water fountains will be closed, we do recommend students have their own spill-proof water bottles.
- Backpack/kit bag
- A complete change of clothes (please place in a freezer bag with the child’s name clearly marked)
- Indoor shoes (no laces please unless your child can do them up themselves)
- School Supplies. Please check out our supply list here (as noted in an email last week, please add one tub of playdoh with your child’s name on it) https://www.gcspei.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Supply-List-Gr.-1-2020-21.pdf.
- Please do not let your child bring any stuffed animals or toys from home. Due to Covid 19 we need to keep anything unnecessary out of the school building.
If you would like further information about our back to school plan, you can find it here: https://www.gcspei.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Back-To-School-Plan-Public-Document-2.pdf and https://www.gcspei.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Information-for-Parents.pdf.
I am so excited to get to know your child and watch them learn and grow throughout this year!