What a busy first two days of the 2017-2018 school year. It has been a joy watching your children experience kindergarten by, singing songs and build friendships. They have already learned to follow our first classroom instructions. What a great beginning.
As we look to next week, there are a number of events to be aware of:
- Tuesday, September 12 – Meet the Teacher
- Parents are invited to the school to meet their child’s teachers from 3:30-5:30 pm. This is a “drop-in” event. I look forward to meeting you and providing you with an opportunity to visit your child’s learning environment.
- Wednesday, September 13 – GCS Back to School Carnival
- All students and their families are invited to our GCS Carnival from 4:30-6:30 pm. There will be games, inflatables, and snacks galore! Admission is free, however snacks and drinks can be purchased for $1 each. Please wear your GCS clothing for a chance to win great prizes!
- Friday, September 15 – Terry Fox Run
- 2:00-3:00 pm – While we are not sending our students out to canvas the community, any donations received will be added to the proceeds of our first Casual Day and sent to support cancer research. Parents are most welcome to join us in celebrating Terry’s life and his cause!
In an effort to promote school spirit on a daily basis, we encourage all families to purchase GCS-branded clothing. We have a limited number of new GCS tshirts available for purchase ($15) at our school carnival on Wednesday. There are child and adult sizes available. For a greater selection of clothing/apparel, visit our online school clothing store here.
After School Care:
With the majority of families in today’s society having both Mom and Dad in the workforce, Grace Christian School has recognized the need for additional support for your child during the after-school hours. We are blessed to offer a comprehensive After-School Program, Monday to Friday, from 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM, within our school building. This option is available to all elementary students for a fee of $12/child or $16/family. This fee includes a light snack, opportunities for homework assistance, and outdoor play when possible. If you would like to use our after-school program, please contact Mrs. Victoria Kelly (email@example.com) for more details.
Special Activities Your Child will Experience This Week Include:
Monday: Gym and Computer Class; review the name and sound of the letter “Ii” (inchworm)
Science will begin with the children voting on a PEI animal to investigate
Tuesday: Music class and Art Class with Mrs. Bouter
* Grade 5 & 6 Reading Buddies spend time with us
Wednesday: Chapel Time
Thursday: Music Class with Mrs. Bouter
Friday: Gym and Computer Class
Sep 12 – Meet the Teacher
Sep 13 – GCS Carnival
Sep 15 – Terry Fox Run
Oct 6 – Professional Development Day (No School Today)
Oct 9 – Thanksgiving (No School Today)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Mrs. Laura Perry