Meet the Teacher:
This coming Monday (September 20), GCS will be hosting a Meet the Teacher time from 3:00-4:00pm. This is a time for parents that are new to the school to meet their child(ren)’s teacher(s) or for returning parents to meet any new teachers. Parents are asked to remain in their vehicles until 3:00pm and then come into GCS through the main school doors; you will sign-in and be directed to your child(ren)’s teacher’s location. While in GCS, parents are required to wear a non-medical mask at all times. In order for multiple parents to meet the various teachers, please ensure that your time with each teacher is kept to a minimum.
At GCS, creating well-rounded students includes much more than academics. In an effort to teach students to look outside themselves to the needs of others or the greater community. Each elementary class will be choosing a way to give back or help others in need. The kindergarten class completed this act of kindness by writing a letter to another Charlottetown Kindergarten class praying blessing and good health over the teacher and her students this school year along with a hand print of each child in our class. The teacher was delighted to receive this note of love and assures me her students will be sending our class a note in return.
Weekly Activities this year include:
Monday: We will meet our Reading Buddies from grade 5 and 6.
Tuesday: Gym with Mrs. Squires
Wednesday: Chapel Time; Music class with Miss Kennedy *Junior Kindergarten Students will have Show and Tell. They may bring in a Small object from home (small enough to fin inside their kit bags). Sometimes there will be a theme to our show and tell, other times they are free to choose with your permission, what they want to show the class. This week the item will be a picture of your pet or a pet you would like to have. You can email me the picture, draw the picture, send in a picture…what ever is easiest.
Thursday: Library with Mrs. Biech; Special story time with Mrs. Authors and Art with Mrs. Perry (yea!)
Friday: Gym with Mrs. Squires and Music Class with Miss Kennedy * Senior Kindergarten Students will have Show and Tell. They may bring in a Small object from home (small enough to fin inside their kit bags). Sometimes there will be a theme to our show and tell, other times they are free to choose with your permission, what they want to show the class. This week the item will be a picture of your pet or a pet you would like to have. You can email me the picture, draw the picture, send in a picture…what ever is easiest.
Future Dates to Remember:
- Monday, September 20 – Meet the Teacher (3pm – 4pm)
- Monday, September 20 – Jazz Band Parent Information Meeting Gr. 7-12 (4pm)
- Wednesday, September 29 – Terry Fox Run & Casual Day
- Thursday, September 30 – National Day of Truth and Reconciliation – No School
- Friday, October 1 – School Picture Day
- Monday, October 11 – Thanksgiving – No School
- Thursday, November 11 – Remembrance Day – No School
- Friday, November 12 – ACSI Teachers Conference – No School
- Monday, November 15 – ACSI Teachers Conference – No School
- Thursday, November 18 – First Quarter Report Cards
- Thursday, November 18 – Parent Teacher Conferences (evening appointments)
- Friday, November 19 – Parent Teacher Conferences (No School)
Thank you for doing your part to keep our beautiful province healthy.
See you in the morning!
Mrs. Laura Perry