Welcome to our JK and SK Blog post.
My name is Mrs. Laura Perry. This year I will be entering my 19th year teaching at Grace Christian School. Of those 19 years, 9 have been team-teaching with the lovely Mrs. Judy Squires. We love spending our days with the youngest students in our great school.
Tuesday morning your child will need:
1. Kit bag
2. Lunch Box containing a Healthy snack (no candy, chips or pop is permitted in the kindergarten classroom) Healthy lunch / drink in a spill proof container
3. A change of shoes (shoes that will remain at school)
4. A change of clothes (undergarments, socks, top and pants *please label with your child’s name)
5. School supplies can be brought on the first day of school if not done on the meet and greet day last week.
6. In addition to the regular school supplies students will need: a small hand sanitizer and all students must have access to a personal non-medical mask daily. These will need to be taken home and washed daily.
7. Please do not let your child bring any toys from home. Due to Covid-19 we need to keep anything unnecessary out of the school building.
Our verse for the school year is:
This year will bring some unique challenges but we as staff have excellent plans and procedures in place to make this a successful school year. It is especially important that we all continue to model enthusiasm and optimism about the coming school year to help students feel safe and confident.
Our theme verse for this year is:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Our first day of school will be Tuesday, September 8.
Drop off for elementary students will begin at 8:35am. Class begins at 8:45am.
*Parents feel free to take your child out of the vehicle, hug and kiss them goodbye. Your child will walk towards Mrs. Wainwright who will lead them to our door.
The elementary school day concludes at 2:45pm. As we see your car pull up, with the help of extra staff, your child will be directed to you at the drop off/ pick up zone.
If you would like further information about our back to school plan, you can find it here: https://www.gcspei.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Back-To-School-Plan-Public-Document-2.pdf and https://www.gcspei.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Information-for-Parents.pdf
Looking forward to beginning a fresh new year with you.
Mrs. Laura Perry